Full time, Fixed Term
$88,757 + Salary Packaging
Welcome to Relationships Australia Northern Territory
Relationships Australia Northern Territory (RA-NT) is a community-based, not-for-profit, non-government organisation providing a broad range of services for all members of the community regardless of religion, belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle choice, cultural background, or economic circumstances.
We believe Relationships Matter, and respectful relationships can empower people to belong, connect and have meaning and confidence to meet the challenges of our time.
About the role
- Do you have an interest in supporting clients to receive justice and acknowledgement for their experiences of institutional child sexual abuse?
- Are you dedicated to breaking down barriers to accessing the National Redress Scheme based on someone’s race, geographical location, or ability access to information?
- Are you excited to work in some of the most pristine and tropical locations across the Northern Territory?
This unique and exciting position may be for you!
An opportunity has arisen for a dedicated, passionate, and adaptable professional to join a growing Adult Specialist Support Services team at Relationships Australia NT.
The Counsellor / Community Engagement Officer is responsible for the delivery of client engagement and support within the Redress Scheme Support Service (RSSS). The role provides timely access to trauma-informed and culturally appropriate services that assist people who have experienced institutional childhood sexual abuse to engage with the National Redress Scheme (NRS).
The role provides direct support to people considering and applying to the National Redress Scheme including casework, counselling, advocacy and liaison with legal services, statutory bodies, communities, and other stakeholders. Another exciting aspect will involve travel to rural and remote locations across the NT delivering information sessions, building networks with community, and providing education in relation to the National Redress Scheme.
- Salary Packaging up to $15,899 on top of the salary!
- 5 Weeks annual leave + 3 extra days between Christmas and New Year
- Professional Development of $3000 and 10 days study leave pro rata per year.
- We take staff wellbeing seriously! Up to $500 per annum wellbeing allowance AND a wellbeing day each year.
- Want to make the move to the NT? Up to $4000 relocation allowance (conditions apply)
Essential Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, counselling, or another relevant community services discipline.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to trauma informed practice and effects of childhood trauma.
- Established experience in working with individuals and/or families where complex trauma is present.
- Demonstrated experience in case management.
- Proven stakeholder and community engagement, education, and development skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal communities, organisations, and individuals to deliver trauma-information, culturally appropriate support.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the historical context of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Experience in agency representation in networks, forums, information sessions, and community groups.
- A satisfactory Northern Territory working with children’s check.
- A satisfactory National Criminal History Check.
- Possession of a current NT Driver’s License.
- A commitment to our Safeguarding Children Practice and Behaviour Guidelines.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is a requirement (rural and remote travel is required as part of this job).
How to apply
- Submit a one-page Cover Letter addressing Selection Criteria and include a Resume and two Referees.
- For more information, please visit our website: www.nt.relationships.org.au or to discuss this position further please contact Taylah on 08 8923 4999.
Applications close 10th of December, however, applications will be processed as received and successful candidates may be notified earlier.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.